Saturday, April 26, 2014

Google Earth - needs a lot of work

One word: Junk. While it is very cool you can 'fly' around the world wherever you want, and for that matter, whenever you want, it is very buggy. It may be how it is setup on the computers we were using, but it was very buggy. Pictures I had saved on my 'tour' were not there when I ran the tour - but were there when I clicked on the links in my tour. Earth has a very rough time transitioning between a zoomed-out view and getting close in detail of whatever you are wanting to zoom in to. I can see how it would be beneficial for classroom use - showing students where places are in relation to other places, I can't see this program, as we have seen it, being used in anything professional. I would not use it in a business, but for fun or classroom use, it would be acceptable. My other major gripe - Google saves almost everything you do, even if you don't necessarily want it to - except apparently Google Earth activities. Everything I made the first night of class was gone the next day. Also "Saving" does not give the option of saving to Google Drive - that should be the default place to save projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home