Saturday, April 12, 2014

Google Search

I think I will be able to search a LOT more effectively now that I know the Google search tips. I used to search for things that would result in possibly millions of hits. No one would ever go through that many options. Now that I know how to narrow it down by things such as date range, country of origin, +term and -term to include or exclude certain words is a nice thing also. The '-term' I think will be more beneficial - especially when you are getting a lot of false-positives dealing with a specific search term. Filetype:.type is also going to be a favorite of mine when I am searching for certain things - especially in my InDesign class. Another search tool I never knew existed was the ~ for synonyms. Very cool. It will make it easier to search for things and give you broader results that may give you unexpected, but useful information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home